Today is October 1st - World Vegetarian Day!

First of all, I think these "national whatever days" are a great way to make life exciting. With social media being so important in our lives today, basically every day is an opportunity for businesses to capitalize. Just last week was National Coffee Day and people were all up in arms that Starbucks wasn't giving away anything, and Dunkin Donuts had stopped giving out free coffee with no purchase necessary. I know I love these random holidays and they are usually effective at getting me to go out and buy things I wouldn't normally buy.

Second, I think BurgerFi is going to be a leader in this market. More and more people are being educated on all the negative effects and practices of the meat industry and transitioning into a more plant based diet. I remember seeing an ad on social media a few weeks ago that they were now carrying the beyond burger and was super excited and got even more excited when I saw this. I immediately checked where the closest BurgerFi was to me, but sadly it would be a 50 minute drive...(surprisingly I'm not that crazy). They are doing a great job expanding their reach and broadening their audience on social media with their Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook posts. I will be surprised if more fast food companies don't also get on this wagon within the next year because I have full confidence this will be a rising trend.

Furthermore, using National Vegetarian Day to discount their new product for only $5 is very smart. When people are impressed and want to learn more, traffic will be driven to their website, where they will find an extremely colorful, interactive, and useful platform. Everything you would want to find out is clear and easy to navigate, and gives you a glimpse into what is actually on their social media without having to go to it yourself. They have a spot on the home page to enter your email address for exclusive promotions and up-to-date information. I am extremely impressed with this new shift in advertising, business offering, and am looking forward to following along their new path!! 


Comments

Popular Posts