Welcome to my blog! I have honestly been meaning to start one of these for a while now, but procrastination no more...

To tell a little bit about myself, my name is Cameron, I am a senior at The University of Georgia, majoring in Marketing, and pursuing a Certificate in Legal Studies. Growing up, doing well in school was always my number one priority; However, sports and outdoor activities were always a close second, specifically basketball, pole-vaulting, weightlifting, and running.

Moving away from south Florida to come to college in Georgia was a huge turning point in my life. I felt extremly lost in a sea of over 35,000 unfamiliar faces, but also felt so much excitement for the opportunity to start completely fresh. What I have learned and carried with me throughout life is that there is always a bright side to every situation, no matter how scary or hard it is to see it. Perception is everything, which is where the inspiration for this blog and picture on the left came from.

Videography, photography, food, and nature have also been passions in my life, eventually leading me to pursue a career in Marketing. One of my favorite companies to follow and who I would absolutely love to work for is Clif Bar. Their instagram is flooded with breathtaking photos of nature, which strongly reinforces their company image of being outdoorsy, eco-friendly, and organic. They use twitter to share photos, messages, hashtags, and links, allowing consumers to easily participate in spreading a "going green" message. Additionally, they use email marketing by giving consumers an option to sign up for their newsletter to get special deals and the most up-to-date company news. Their website contains quality photos of their sponsored athletes in action, as well as receiving awards at various events, which in my opinion is an effective strategy in getting young athletes to buy their products.

I'm very excited to take on this last year at UGA and welcome anyone who wants to follow along!

Comments

Popular Posts