This past Sunday, some friends and I went to by far my favorite place for brunch in Athens…The Grit.

If you have never been, you are absolutely missing out – the food is delicious (especially their pancakes), the workers are extremely friendly, the vibe is relaxed, and it’s very affordable! And as a plus, everything is vegetarian, what more is there to love?

They are on most social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest, and recently teamed up with the Athens animal shelter in hopes of helping animals in need. I am a huge dog lover and supporter of the phrase “adopt, not shop”. Personally, any day I have free time (the few occasions I’m caught up on school/work), I do love going to the animal shelter and letting the dogs run around to get a break from their cages :( Also, it reminds me of my pup back home who I fostered and then couldn’t help but adopt when it was time to take her back.

Their Instagram is filled with colorful and artsy pictures of their food, decorations, beer, and occasional announcement posts. They do giveaways, which I think is a great strategy, and communicate with their followers when they plan to have any unusual changes of schedule. The Grit doesn't have a massive following on any of their platforms, which I’m assuming it’s because it’s a local restaurant, with Athens being their only location. Additionally, they tend to attract an “old school” type of crowd who doesn’t use social media as much. 

 As I’m a huge fan of the environmentally friendly trend, I would love to join The Grit team to continue awareness about how amazing they are.


Comments

Popular Posts